Who does Telehealth work for?
Our Virtual Care (aka. Telehealth) was created for ANYONE who cannot make it to the clinic for their appointment.
This could include (but is not limited to):
- New regulations on social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- New mom’s trying to juggle newborn’s schedules with life
- Professionals who are stuck at the office and can’t get away for an hour
- Someone living in a remote community with no local clinic to attend
- Inclement weather
- Practitioners who wish to consult with a “niche” services provider
- You reside in a community that does not have the specific services you require
There will alway remain circumstances where an “in person” visit is required. However, research is continuing to prove virtual visits can address and treat the same needs, and to the same level of care, for MANY conditions that an “in person” session can.
What services can I receive via Telehealth?
You can receive many of our services via Telehealth:
- Physiotherapy (strains, sprains, pain, movement dysfunction +more)
- Pelvic Health
- Stroke Rehab / MS / Parkinsons (Neuro Rehab)
- Exercise Education and Program creation
- Pre Op / Post Op hips and knees
- Concussion Rehab
- Postural Drainage and breathing techniques for various lung and respiratory conditions
- Exercises to down-regulate a sensitized nervous system
- Exercises to treat vertigo and/or dizziness
How it Works
All you need is an internet connection, access to a desktop, laptop, smart phone or tablet, and to follow these instructions:
- Book your initial assessment / consultation online or by emailing or phoning the clinic at 902-275-5086.
* Please note your credit card information will be collected at time of booking to secure your appointment but WILL NOT be charged until after your assessment.
- Complete your intake forms. They will be emailed to you as soon as you book your appointment. Please take the time to complete these prior to your appointment.
- You can join your Telehealth appointment using either a cell phone/ iPad or a desktop computer.
- Please “arrive” at your appointment a few minutes early.
Note: Desktop users please use Google Chrome or Firefox web browser.
- When your therapist is ready, they will welcome you from the waiting room with live video connection in your private and secure 1:1 appointment.
To ensure you have a great appointment please ensure the following:
- You have your camera set up in a location that allows you to move around and still be seen.
- You have clear audio – you may want to consider using earbuds for clearer sound (not necessary).
- Have a private space free of distraction so you can focus on what you need.
- Following your appointment your therapist will summarize the goals and treatment plan you agree on, assist you with booking your follow-up sessions, and send you your homework.